Chocolate Chip CookiesPosted: November 17, 2010 | |
Cookie does enjoy her namesake food, as she shows here with a batch of fresh chocolate chip cookies, still warm from the oven.
I forget these things about her—who would think a cat would like cookies?! Turn my back on her and she’s tasting each one to choose the one she’s going to swipe.
Cookie chose her name from a list of babble from me. When my neighbor brought her to me I called her “Chocolate” because a tortie at that age really looks mostly brown, and she did have a sweet personality. Because she was small, I called her “Chocolate Chip”.
And what is the next likely iteration of that? One evening while calling her out from under the bed so that I could put her in the spare cat room for the night, I called, “Chocolate! Chocolate Chip! Chocolate Chip Cookie! Cookie! Cookie! come here!”
She immediately came out from under the bed with a very surprised look on her face. “How did you know my name?” It has stayed with her for 18 years, though she has plenty of other names too.
And just for the record, “Cookie” is her everyday name. Her show name is “Semi-sweet Butterscotch Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough”. You know how it is with these royal names.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)