Two Torties on One LapPosted: September 13, 2011 | |
There really are two torties on my lap, Kelly on the left curled up on top of Cookie. And Cookie is not complaining or threatening death to Kelly.
Actually, I have my legs crossed, and Cookie is curled in the hollow, actually on the seat, and Kelly is mostly on my leg, so she’s not really using Cookie as a bed.
For all the tortitudinal reputation tortoiseshell calico cats have, I feel blessed with the two nicest torties I’ve ever met. The girls are friends, but not sister-girlfriends or anything, they tolerate each other more than anything. Sometimes they’ll get a little tired of each other and I’ll hear a low growl, sort of.
It’s funny to look at them now, the two oldest at 19 and 17, and remember when Kelly first arrived at about age 4 and Cookie was 6 with a big attitude about this scared and scrawny cat, asking me why we had to have another tortoiseshell when we already had a perfectly good, well-rounded one!
But for cases like this, I’m glad I have long arms so that I can reach waaaay forward to type on the keyboard.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)