Cookie Contemplates a Rainy MorningPosted: September 23, 2011 | |
Cookie sits on her footstool quietly contemplating as the rain softly falls on her back yard.
The misty morning cools the colors and flattens the dimensions, but Cookie and her turquoise rocker are always vivid.
Rain had fallen all night and though there were slight puddles on the steps and her big flagstone at the bottom were wet, not to mention the dripping grass, Cookie still did her morning wander down the steps and stood on her lookout point, nibbled some grass and explored a little further. I think the light rain felt good on her—it certainly did on me.
Eventually she decided she was damp enough and joined me on the deck messing around with plants. Stepping onto her footstool she took one last look into her beloved morning back yard before stepping one more step up onto the woven seat for a little bath and nap while I sat on the swing to finish my coffee. A perfect way to start the day.
All images and text used on this site are copyrighted to Bernadette E. Kazmarski unless otherwise noted and may not be used in any way without my written permission. Please ask if you are interested in purchasing one as a print, or to use in a print or internet publication.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)